Thursday, November 1, 2012

Upcoming in November



Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on a couple things!

First, November means one thing to me, NaNoWriMo!!! Which incidentally means less reading and more writing...yayy...This will be my fourth year participating and I'm still working on that same novel!

Also! Last week I went to a signing at Changing Hands Bookstore and met a few awesome authors as a part of the Finale tour. Two of those include Tonya Hurley, who's new book is The Blessed; and Becca Fitzpatrick, author of the Hush, Hush series. From the event, I gathered some pretty awesome signed swag, so when I actually read their books (got them from the library yesterday I promise!) I shall post my reviews with the giveaways! Believe me, there is a special surprise. Hopefully it will make up for the slight lacking in posts this month.

As for feedback...a friend of mine is working on designing a new theme to my blog, so look out for that sometime soon. I read everybody's comments on the 100th Post Giveaway and am doing my best. As for wanting more giveaways, I do the best I can as a student on a minimum wage part-time job. I try to participate in as many as I can. 

Best wishes to those of you on the east coast; times like these make me appreciate the desert I live in, more, but some good news to share! My friend who's currently going to Yale, started this Facebook page and 'fundraiser' while huddling inside from the storm with some friends. Shirts for Sandy (Facebook). 100% of the proceeds go to the relief efforts! My friend is an artist, and designed the t-shirts herself, so supporting this cause is all over good. :) The site is here: http://www.shirtsforsandy.com

On a cinematic related note, I'm recently obsessed with Buffy. I've seen every other Whedon creation and call myself a diehard fan/borderline obsessed, but I'm only in the second season. (I know, I know, I'm a latecomer.) Let me just say that it ROCKS? And thanks to Netflix, I can spend wayy too much time than's good for me watching episode after episode...and not reading. *guilty* So I'm making an effort to lay off it for a bit, to balance out my reading time. ;) 

Ah! I better turn off my internet and start writing now.


As always, stay shiny! Oh and don't eat too much candy from last night.

-Jane

1 comment:

  1. What a coincidence! Not only am I doing NaNoWriMo this year, but I was at Changing Hands just a couple weeks ago for a Jane Seymour signing - don't tell my mom. Its her xmas present.

    ReplyDelete