Friday, November 23, 2012

Book Beginning Friday 11-23-12

Sorry I've been off the radar, you know how the holidays go. Also, I've been a little bored with the normal weekly memes I participate in, so after much google searching, I found a new one I'll try out. Haven't seen it around too much, but it fit the book I'm reading right now, so here we go!

This meme is hosted by Rose City Reader, and it's sharing the first sentence of the book you're reading now, and your thoughts about it. :)

I just started Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout yesterday. (You know the one.) And I often do judge books by their first sentence. This one wasn't bad:

I started at the pile of boxes in my bedroom, wishing the Internet had been hooked up.

Made me think, what makes her attached to the internet? And second, that I would be thinking the same thing. Dude, I live on the internet, just as much as my books. Hello, Netflix requires internet connection! As does this blog. And also, you see she's moving from somewhere. *intrigued*

Not bad, compared to some! 

But the real good first sentence is the one for Chapter 3: I just have to share it because it made me laugh:

The day my Internet was hooked up was better than having a hot guy check out my butt and ask for my phone number.

Hehe. I can relate to this girl, Katy. 

Anyone else participating in the meme this week? :)

-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment