Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 11-14-12


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme/event/blog hop hosted by Jill, at Breaking the Spine, so be sure to check back there for more blogs participating each week. :) It allows us to spotlight, or drool over an up-coming release we really can't wait to get our hands on.


I LOVED the first, Illuminate. It's an angel book slash Picture of Dorian Gray retelling. It's awesome, and my review of that book is here

Now, honestly I'm not a big fan of this cover...at all. But I'm really looking forward to the book itself! It comes out March 5th 2013 according to Goodreads. Still a ways away, but plenty of time to catch up and read the first, if you haven't already!

Infatuate is the second in the Guilded Wings trilogy by Aimee Agresti. Here's the summary, but it does have spoilers from the first book!!!

Haven Terra is still recovering from an internship that brought her literally to the brink of hell when a trip to New Orleans leads to more trouble. Graduating early from high school leaves the spring semester free, so Haven and her friends Dante and Lance head to the Big Easy to volunteer with community service projects. But their true mission becomes clear when they run across an enclave of devils known as the Krewe. New Orleans is a free-for-all for these shape-shifting devils, who are more reckless and vicious than any Haven, Lance, and Dante have encountered. And they soon discover their French Quarter housemates are also angels-in-training, and together they must face off with the Krewe in their quest for wings. But Haven’s resolve is tested when Lucian, the repentant devil with whom she was infatuated, resurfaces and asks her for help escaping the underworld. Can he be trusted? Or will aiding him cost Haven her angel wings—and her life? Thrilling, romantic, and full of surprises, this gripping sequel to Illuminate takes the battle of good and evil to the next level.

What book are you waiting on this Wednesday? Leave your links below!

Jane

3 comments:

  1. I really need to read Illuminate.....I tried but I didn't get too far in. Maybe I should try again? I love this cover! Awesome pick! Happy Wednesday!
    Stop by MY WOW?
    XOXO, Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should for sure try again! Give it a bit of time, I think it took me...probably 50 pages or so to get really into it. :) Following back!

      Delete
  2. I'm not really into books with angels but I do remember a lot of people like Illuminate. Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete