Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (7-31-12)




I'm reading The Raven Boys right now, and it's amazing. When has Maggie Stiefvater written something that's not? Here are a few teasers. It's almost out! September 18th.

The predictions that came out of 300 Fox Way were unspecific, but undeniably true. Her mother had dreamt Blue's broken wrist on the first day of school. Her aunt Jimi predicted Maura's tax return to within ten dollars. Her older cousin Orla always began to hum her favorite song a few minutes before it came on the radio. -page 3 (yeah, yeah I'll try not to post something from every single page...)


There were so many of the clippings she'd noticed before that the journal wouldn't stay book-shaped unless tied shut with leather wrappings. Pages and pages were devoted to these ripped and scissored excerpts, and there was an undeniable tactile pleasure to browsing. Blue ran her fingers over the varied surfaces. Creamy, thick artist paper with spidery serif. Slick utilitarian white stock with an artless modern type. Ragged edged newspaper in a brittle shade of yellow. -page 83


     "Yes," she said. "I guess I make things that need energy stronger. I'm like a walking battery."
     "You're the table everyone wants at Starbucks," Gansey mused as he began to walk again.
     Blue blinked. "What?"
-page 218


Okay, I'll stop! I just want to quote every page!! But it'll have to be just this for now...so, did I pick good quotes?

(Taking from an ARC, so these are subject to change...but I hope they don't. ;))


I'm almost done with The Raven Boys, so my review should be up within a few days, keep an eye out!


-Jane

1 comment: