To quote Ramblings of A Book-A-Holic (because I'm original like that) : "This award is given to bloggers who are up and coming and who have less than 200 followers." Hey! That's me! So cool. Anyway I just got nominated by Reading in Paradise, thank you. :)
So the rules are:
- Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and 11 questions for the people you tag.
- Tag 11 more bloggers.
- Tell them you've tagged them.
- No tag backs!
Alright, these are the questions from Reading in Paradise that I will now answer...
Do you remember the first book you ever read?
No, but I was told it was Prisoner of Azkaban (HP3), because my mom wouldn't read it fast enough for me. Apparently I was an impatient little kid.
Did you enjoy reading as a child?
I despised it until about age seven or so, but I can't remember what changed my mind; might have been my English teacher at the time. Since then, I haven't gone a day (voluntarily) without reading!
Why did you choose to blog about the books you read?
Mostly because I needed to keep up my habit of writing daily (for that novel I'm still working on,) and I love gushing and rambling on and on to my friends about the books I'm constantly buried in. And this is a great option of blogging, because you get to *choose* whether you as the listener want to listen to my opinions (my friends on the other hand, don't usually have a choice in the matter.) Oh, and because I get to meet other bookish people like myself!
What's your favorite book series?
The Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody. I know of exactly zero people who have ever heard of them (or her), besides the few people I recommended them to. It's Aussie dystopian before people knew what that genre even was. She started writing the series in the 1980s in high school, and the last book (8) is coming to the US this year, or maybe next year. It's just epic. But I really like the fact that it's so secretive/unheard of.
What's your favorite part of a book?
Oh that's hard...either the HOLY CRAP I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING part, or when the first line in the book is one you just want to repeat over and over in your head.
Do you wish you were part of every book you read?
Definitely some, like City of Bones because then I could just stare all day at Jace, or maybe Maximum Ride, because then I might get bird-wings and be all cool taking over the world; but some I would not like to be part of at all, like The Book Thief, or The Hunger Games...as much as people praise them, like myself, those are places/times I'd rather read about after and learn lessons, and not have to be directly part of those goings ons. I hope I answered that question correctly?
If you could be anyone in the world, who would you be?
Myself. But a fabulously famous travel writer/author as my footnote.
Who is your role model?
Aw crap, I always suck at this question. Hm.....my mom I suppose. She's just awesome. Oh, and Captain Malcolm Reynolds, who aims to misbehave. He would help with my take-over-the-world plan.
What is your favorite type of music?
Tied between: Classical (Beethoven), classic rock (Queen!), and indie rock (Marina and the Diamonds)
If you had to choose, would you live in a different country?
Yes! In fact, I'm planning my walkabout (OE) right now, for a few months around Aussie and Europe. As long as I have Internet to keep connected to my fellow bloggers and followers. :)
If I were to live permanently in another country, it would have to be France, or Switzerland. Or Germany. Or Hungary. Oh goodness I don't think I can pick only one.
Right, the question was probably a yes or no thing.
Yes, I would.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
Finally finishing my novel-in-progress, and traveling the globe. :)
That was fun. :) Now it's my turn to tag!!!
6. On the Shelf
(I found you all at the Book Blog Directory!)
1. What is you current Obsessed-With book right now? Either new-release or old reread?
2. How long have you been blogging?
3. Are you a TV watcher, or one who adamantly wards off those stupid television programs and sticks only to books as a pastime? (But actually stays up in the night on Netflix geeking out?)
4. What are your opinions on the e-reading explosion of technology?
5. Have you ever traveled out of the country?
6. What's the strangest book you've ever read? (because of writing style, random plot, etc)
7. Favorite author?
8. Fast or slow reader?
9. Have you ever been to an author signing/event before? If so, who is the first author you've ever met?
10. How do you usually acquire your books? Indie bookstores, B&N, e-format, Amazon...etc...
11. Do you write besides blogging? Like poetry or a novel? Or just write because of blogging?
Thanks again! :)