Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday 12-12-12 (hehe)


Wishlist Wednesday is hosted by Dani, at Pen to Paper, and it's a meme in which you can post a book that you've had on your wishlist for a while, but haven't found the time to actually read yet.


This week's pick is: Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber (<--click to add on Goodreads)

Summary: I was obsessed.

It was as if he called to me, demanding I reach out and touch the brushstrokes of color swirled onto the canvas. It was the most exquisite portrait I'd ever seen--everything about Lord Denbury was unbelievable...utterly breathtaking and eerily lifelike.

There was a reason for that. Because despite what everyone said, Denbury never had committed suicide. He was alive. Trapped within his golden frame.

I've crossed over into his world within the painting, and I've seen what dreams haunt him. They haunt me too. He and I are inextricably linked--bound together to watch the darkness seeping through the gas-lit cobblestone streets of Manhattan. Unless I can free him soon, things will only get Darker Still.


This is out by the way, that's why I'm not "waiting" on it this Wednesday. :)

This cover reminds me a lot of Illuminate by Aimee Agresti. The pretty dress, blank background and, painting/picture frame...I'm not sure, it just reminded me of it a bit. And since I loved that book, I'm hoping I'll love this too. But another series to start...I need to finish a few more first!

-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment